It's symbol of devotion and faith, of the endless grace the Virgin Mary donates to her children. A sign of hope and love.
THE MEANING OF THE MEDAL
The medal is striking because Our Lady herself presented the familiar design.
The front of the medal depicts Mary standing on a globe, with the head of a serpent beneath her feet. Circling the oval-shaped medal is the signature, "O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee." On the reverse, 12 stars surround a large "M," from which a cross arises. Below the "M," the medal depicts two flaming hearts. The left heart, circled with thorns, represents Jesus. The right heart, pierced by a sword, symbolizes Mary.
Built of Quality 14k Korean gold, Solid and Durable. ExcellentElectroplated Workmanship, Lasting Color Retention
WHY KOREAN GOLD?
Korea being the one of the top gold producing country all over the world has proven the quality and durability of their product. It is safe to say that KOREAN GOLD are much more unique compared to any kind of gold produced by any other country, but still cost less.
The reason why we chose this material for its special worth and value.
The first medals were made in 1832 and distributed throughout Paris. According to the Association of the Miraculous Medal, the blessings that Mary promised "began to shower down" on wearers of the medal. The devotion spread rapidly. In 1836, a Church investigation declared the apparitions to be genuine.
The Front Side
• Mary stands on a globe, crushing a serpent beneath her feet. Describing the original vision, Catherine said the Blessed Mother appeared radiant as a sunrise, "in all her perfect beauty."
• Rays shoot out from Mary's hands, which she told Catherine, "... symbolize the graces I shed upon those who ask for them."
• Words from the vision form an oval frame around Mary: "O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee."
Seen as a matrix, the elements of the front design encapsulate major Marian tenets:
Quality of Our Lady As Illustrated by the Medal
• Mother — Her open arms, the "recourse" we have in her.
• Immaculate — The words, "conceived without sin."
• Assumed into Heaven — She stands on the globe.
• Mediatrix — Rays from her hands symbolizing "graces."
• Our Protection — Crushes the serpent (Gn 3:15).
The Reverse Side
• A cross-and-bar surmounts a large, bold "M."
• 12 stars disperse around the perimeter.
• Two hearts are depicted underneath the "M," the left lapped with a crown of thorns, the right skewed by a sword. From each, a flame emanates from the top. Again, employing a grid analysis, we can see how the reverse-side design contains great symbolism reflecting major tenets of the Catholic faith.
Design Element and its Catholic Meaning
• The large letter "M" — Mary as Mother, Mediatrix.
• Cross and bar — Jesus' Cross of Redemption.
• 12 stars — 12 Apostles, who formed the first Church.
• Left Heart — The Sacred Heart, who died for our sins.
• Right Heart — The Immaculate Heart, who intercedes for us.
• Flames — The burning love Jesus and Mary have for us.
people are currently looking at this product
Estimated delivery time 5-10 days
Guaranteed Safe Checkout